Most Recent Award: Virginia Tech IFC Fraternity of the Year 2020 (2nd consecutive year!)
As a group of men known for working diligently and following through on commitments, this chapter is no stranger to award ceremonies and banquets. It is important to remember, however, that the real value of this great fraternity is the intangible bond shared between brothers, not the plaques and trophies we acquire along the way!
Awards from SigEp Headquarters:
- AVC Operational Excellence Award: awarded for the tremendous work our Alumni and Volunteers do to support our undergraduate operations at Virginia Tech, and to keep alumni engaged after graduation.
- Zollinger Outstanding Senior Award: given to Brendan Coffey ’20 for his role in guiding our chapter in its infancy. Through his 2018 term as Chapter President, and 2019 term as President of the Interfraternal Council, Brendan’s legacy at Virginia Tech is marked with generosity, empathy, and progressive growth.
- Excelsior Award for Member Development: recognition for our established and successful member development operations, through the innovative Balanced Man Program.
- Talent Power Excellence Award: given to SigEp chapters who exhibit success in identifying, assessing and recruiting the highest caliber men on campus.
- New Volunteer of the Year: Abbey Rowe-Erwin, our chapter advisor, and Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life!
- Zollinger Outstanding Senior Award: Matt Rowe ’18, 2017 Chapter President
- Excelsior Award for Member Development
- Volunteer of the Year: Jay Sage, chapter counselor.
- Distinguished Alumnus Award: Bill Thomas, AVC President
- Citation Award: John Lawson ’75 was given this high honor in recognition of his success and stature in his career. Other citation recipients can be found here
- Distinguished Alumnus Award: Ed Bishop, District Governor
Awards from Virginia Tech:
Fraternity and Sorority Life Awards:
- Fraternity of the Year: our commitment to improving the community, developing a positive internal culture, and operating as a partner to the university won us this tremendous accolade for the second consecutive year.
- Excellence in Campus Engagement: we no doubt were strong contenders for this award thanks to our participation with other organizations’ events, having successful homecoming candidates, and a campus-wide fundraiser that netted over $40,000 for philanthropy.
- Fraternity Leader of the Year Legacy Award: Brendan Coffey ’20 was rightfully honored with this award, as recognition for his over 2 years of servant leadership to SigEp and Virginia Tech. Chapter President, IFC President, and an overwhelmingly personable man, Brendan was the judges’ choice for this award!
- Outstanding Alumni Award: Matt Rowe ’18, one of the men credited with nurturing our early growth at Virginia Tech has continued his involvement with Higher Ed and Greek Life with his positions at SigEp Headquarters, Virginia Tech’s Fraternity and Sorority Life Office, and Madison House at the University of Virginia.
Student Engagement and Campus Life Awards:
- Excellence in Member Engagement and Development: It is rare for a Greek-Letter organization to be recognized at the SECL awards, so we were ecstatic to receive an award for our Member Development program!
- Fraternity of the Year
- Outstanding New Member: Parker Barrett ’21, 2019 Chapter President
- Fraternity Chapter Advisor of the Year: Abbey Rowe-Erwin, our wonderful advisor and friend!
- Outstanding Fraternity Alumnus of the Year: John Lawson ’75
- Most Improved IFC Fraternity
- Outstanding Fraternity Chapter Officer of the Year: Brother Tim Reynolds ’18 was recognized for his superb role as Vice President of Programming.